After joining the The Pilates Barre last year, I decided to try out their other class called Tread to add in some Cardio.
The Tread class is a mix where you run or walk intervals on treadmill then switch to using Pilates chairs and free weights. The class taught me to LOVE running because you can start out at your own pace and work your way up! I’ve noticed a huge difference in my strength, balance and speed. 6 days per week I switch between running outside and classes at The Pilates Barre and The Tread Barre. It’s the perfect balanced workout.
How I stay motivated:
1. Get the unlimited membership at The Pilates and Tread Barre: An unlimited membership means you will want to go as often as possible to “get in your moneys worth!” If you just buy classes as you go, you may end up wanting to save them up and talk yourself out of it. I mix in the Pilates classes on off days from running to help with my core and balance. More on why I love Pilates here.
2.Schedule your workouts: I love The Pilates and Tread Barre App because you can sign up for the classes a week in advance from your phone, then they will automatically add to your apple Calendar. I schedule mine the Sunday before just like I would my meetings.
3. Sign up for a race: I am working toward running in the Austin half marathon in February. Just a little goal to work toward.
4. Meet a friend: Every weekend I am in town, I always meet a friend at Lindsey’s Saturday morning Tread class, then we get brunch after. I like going with a girl friend to catch up and have something to look forward to. Also, signing up with a friend means you won’t be able to cancel!
5. New clothes: A new outfit or pair of runners always gets me excited to workout. I keep my workout wardrobe mostly black and white so that I can mix and match everything. My new favorite running shoes are these Nike Pegasus and I love these leather pannel leggings to wear when I’m going straight from the gym to run errands. The Pilates Barre has a really good selection of two of my favorite lines Alo and Koral.
6. Eat well: Fitness and Diet go hand in hand. When it comes to healthy eating, I have to be extremely careful. I had gallstones removed at 17 and ever since, so I’ve been forced to fill my body with clean ingredients. I try to plan ahead when it comes to meals and if I’m traveling, I always bring these snack bars in my bag. Eating a healthy breakfast or snack an hour before my workout keeps me motivated and energized. My favorites are oatmeal topped with greek yogurt, an egg white omelet with fruit, or an Almond butter Perfect Bar if I’m in a rush.
Hope these tips help! xo
NIKE PEGASUS RUNNING SHOES // PILATES BARRE WHITE TANK C/O // ALO LEGGINGS C/O (SIMILAR) // KORAL LEATHER LOOK LEGGINGS C/O // KORAL BLACK TANK C/O
BOTH LOOKS CAN BE FOUND AT THE PILATES BARRE