It’s the first official day of Fall and I couldn’t be more excited! Time to pull out the layers: sweaters, scarves and jackets! It’s so nice to spend more time outside when the leaves are changing, I love to go on early AM walks in the park. And hello pumpkin time/ I’m a sucker for anything pumpkin. I’m welcoming the new season with my favorite latte recipe and pumpkin chai candles.
Dressing up and catching up with the girls over tea, scones and champagne would be scheduled every day in my dream world. Tea time is usually something I only get to line up on vacation, so it was such a treat to try out the new tea room at Taschen last week. Aged brews from Egypt, India, and Japan topped the menu. (One even starts as a ball and magically blooms into a flower when the water is added.) There really wasn’t a cool spot for ‘high tea’ in Dallas and the Joule hotel took note. Soon, Tea at Tascehn will open on Friday afternoons for the fashion girls who love it as much as I do. And no need to worry about a stuffy crowd, this setting is just as modern as it is chic. Think Marie Antoinette meets Mary-Kate Olsen. They had me at hibiscus macaroon.
1. The almond vanilla lotion has a permanent space on my desk during the colder months when my hands feel extra dry!
2. For Holiday parties, I love to add false lashes for extra glamour!
3. In the Fall, I like to switch from a tinted moisturizer to a light foundation. This one is great because it is sheer so I can spot it only on the places that need coverage.
4. A golden bronze is beautiful to dust across the cheeks and nose.
5. I just started using the new Caviar sticks courtesy of Laura Mercier and am obsessed! I’ve been wearing Black tuxedo for liner, sugar frost on the inner corners, and moonlight on the lid. Unlike some other creamy shadows I’ve tried, these stay in place all day and don’t need powder on top to set! (Which means more time to focus on what to wear!)
7. As soon as I get out of the shower, I use a paddle brush to go through any tangles.
8. When it’s cold outside, a bubble bath with this luxurious Creme Brûlée body wash is my favorite way to unwind.
9. I’ve used this conditioner for over eight years. Fekkai recently reformulated it and it’s even better than before.
10. I try to limit putting direct heat like a curling iron on my hair. Instead, I curl it with a round brush when my hair is almost dry, I wrap it around the brush in small sections and blast with a blow dryer.
11. I also try to limit washing my hair everyday so it doesn’t dry out! This dry shampoo is the bomb.
This dress came two weeks ago and it has already become a repeat offender. I’ve worn it to meetings in New York, the office, and for a chilly day last weekend I paired it with boots and a sweater for Tea. (look here!)