Easter gets me excited for pretty pastels, breezy blouses and easy dresses with sandals. This would be the perfect look for your weekend garden party. Actually anything from the Etoile by Isabel Marant collection would do.
It’s unexpected but bold black makes a rich navy pop. It’s a color combo I always find so chic. My latest obsession is a jumpsuit. Not only are they a no fuss option, they are incredibly comfortable. No need to change the top five times only to put on the first one you tried, a jumpsuit is effortlessly put together for you. I have a hard time finding brands that fit correctly, but Alexis has been the best fitting brand I’ve tried. Pair a pant romper and a platform and your golden.
While it is fun sharing inspiration and outfits, this site did start as an informative lifestyle resource. I would love to take things a bit deeper than just fashion. There are other interesting things in life we should be sharing!
I’ve been working hard since I started my blog in 2010 and I want to continue to grow and make it a useful place for women of all ages. From now on Saturdays are dedicated to a lifestyle post. I think you’ll catch on and hope you’ll find it helpful. Any questions or ideas you have please send my way!
Let’s start with the question I get asked most often, tips to grow your own blog.
1. Work your way up: I started my blog five years ago and did not make it my full time career until last year when my other jobs were holding me back. It takes time, dedication and patience to grow.
2. Network: Go to every event and coffee meeting you can! Social media is also about real life interactions! Write hand written thank you notes. Be nice to everyone. The blogging community is small and you don’t want to burn any bridges.
3. Keep your readers trust: While I offer sponsored posts, I politely decline at least half of the offers that come this way. I don’t want to talk about brands I don’t actually like or that aren’t consistent with my aesthetic. I also want to be transparent when it comes to sponsored content. Anytime a product is gifted to me it is of my choosing and denoted in the post as C/O (courtesy of) or ends with This post was sponsored by…
4. Quality over quantity: Once you get going, invest in a beautiful blog design you love to look at every day. Post high quality content. Don’t just throw up a mediocre blog because it’s Friday and you post everyday. Plan ahead and come up with a schedule of some sort to keep you on track.
5. Original content: This is the key. Don’t just pull photos from other blogs or pinterest. Produce beautiful original content that you yourself would want to re-pin! The main thing in life is that you love what you do. Write about what interests you and your passion will shine through in your work.
There is nothing I love more than a neutral color palette, especial for Spring.
I’ve been really into blush tones lately and this bag I finally pulled the trigger on has been perfect to pair with everything for Spring. The Tory Burch sandals are so comfortable and low key.
I live in white tees so I thought it would be nice to have a new accessory to enhance the casual outfits I love. A friend recently introduced me to Mignonne Gavigan and I immediately fell in love with her unique beaded necklaces.