Today is my 30th birthday and I am so excited to start a new decade! So much changes in your twenties and I feel like I have learned a lot over the last 10 years. I am grateful for all of the ups and downs and feel ready to grow more. Here are 10 things I learned in my 20s!
10 things I learned in my twenties:
- To get out of my comfort zone more. I never regret it!
- Relax and know that God has the plan. Everything will work out the way it is supposed to! This gives me so much peace in any unknown situation.
- Eat and exercise to feel better and have energy. I went through a phase in my 20s where I cared about ever single thing I put in my body to be skinny. I wasn’t happy. Now, I just eat to be healthy and don’t count calories.
- I don’t have to drink alcohol to have fun. I gave up drinking at 27 and have never felt better.
- I can run a marathon. or achieve any goal I put my mind to! With hard work and believing in myself, the marathon was such a good challenge that helped me realize how tough I am.
- To take good care of myself now. Wear sunscreen. Wash your face before bed. Live a healthy lifestyle.
- Call your parents, siblings and friends often. These are the relationships that you will cherish for ever.
- Stop caring what people think. Be you! Be confident. 🙂
- Keep a closet full of timeless neutrals. Get rid of the clothes you never wear and shop for classic pieces you can wear often.
- To charge my phone in the bathroom. (Instead of next to my bed.) This helps me sleep better.
Found all of these affordable fashion basics on Walmart. They have all of the closet essentials at such a good price point!
These must have high rise skinny jeans are so comfortable, have the right amount of stretch and are cropped right at the ankle. (I’m wearing the size 0 and am normally a 25 in jeans for reference.)
My daily outfit is usually a simple tee and skinny jeans.