Football season is starting and we thought it would be fun to share our simple game day style and hosting tips!
KRYSTAL: earrings // sweater // gray jeans
LUKE: Nordstrom polo // Sneakers // jeans
Game Day Hosting Tips:
- Prepare as much as you can ahead of time – It is nice to relax and be present with guests as soon as they arrive. Set put simple easy to eat food. You can prep a pretty cheese board a few hours before and store it in the fridge until it’s game time! Get all of the serving bowls, chip plates, napkins and utensils out early so that you don’t forget anything. All of this prep really makes things less stressful.
- Have something for everyone – We make sure to have non – alcoholic drinks like Topo chico with limes and Spindrift as well as Gluten free / vegetarian food options! We put all of the drinks out over ice in a big Yeti cooler.
- Light candles – Candles help warm up any space. Guests always comment on how good it smells when we are burning our favorite home scent! It smells like a wood fire. We keep one big candle on the coffee table, one in the entry way and one in the gust bathroom when having friends over. As soon as October hits – I add this pumkin chai candle to the kitchen.
- Set out blankets – Throw blankets makes the space feel cozy and inviting. We love the Barefoot Dreams and Ugg throws from Nordstrom.
- Bring in extra chairs from other rooms in the house – Re-arrange the dining chairs, bar chairs etc. so that everyone can sit comfortably.
- Decide on your game day style – I try to figure out what I’m wearing early on so that I don’t have to rush when getting dressed before having people over. Darker tops are a must when cooking / hosting because I always end up spilling or getting my white top dirty. Same for Luke. 😉
Game day style:
For hosting at home, I like to be comfortable but still feel put together. Skinny jeans and a lightweight sweater or tee is my go-to outfit!
Luke loves his Common Projects sneakers and I ordered him these red jeans from Nordstrom because he is a BIG OU fan! The dark color is perfect for Fall and holiday as well. Luke has worn these red jeans almost every night since getting them so I think it is safe to say he likes them!
For date night ideas check out this blog post!